Thursday, January 20, 2005

Product Analysis

What makes a good product or solution? It's not your idea, it's your vision for the product or solution. Here's what I've been thinking lately.

There are alot of very wonderful and fantastic products, solutions, applications out there that alot of people do not know of. Why is that so? Because they lack the vision to promote, advertise and gain the public's interest. Vision is very important and you have to get that straight down way before you get anything done. What do I want this product or solution to achieve? How am I going to achieve it? Not only that, which I'm going to go on to my next point here.

The next question you should ask yourself. Who and How can I cooperate with other people, companies, organisations, government? This will expand your horizons and discover new ways to improve your product/solution, and to find new ways to collaborate with your partners.

Yet another question you must ask yourself, do you have the drive to carry this out? You must foremost have the passion and the belief to carry all these out. You also need to have to come up with more plans, more ideas constantly to improve your product/solution. You will also need to think outside your box. For example, how would a totally unrelated subject/thing can help with my product/solution, or how can my product/solution help it/them/her/his?

It's quite vague right now as it's an idea that's been swarming around my head. Because what I realise with Asians is that they are quite closed-minded, living in the box, and very competitive.

Another point I want to bring up also. Cooperation VS Competition. I see more sense in finding ways to cooperate than to compete. With cooperation, you co-exist and work together, helping each other in some ways or another, to improve each other's solution/product. One must start the initiative to give first, and the other must also have the initiative to return in favour. In this aspect, each can grow in its own ways. Why compete, when you can cooperate to make something even better together? Or make the customer's lives better by having our products/solution work together?

I'd like to bring up is to try out new ideas. Always try it. Don't be afraid to carry it out. Don't keep thinking of how you're going to do it. You'll have to solve it some day. JUST DO IT (NIKE Trademark).

Lastly, it's to engage in new possibilities even when THERE AREN'T ANY POSSIBILITIES YET. It's always good to sit down and discuss informally, and somewhere somehow something might come up, and we go back to the Cooperation point. Cooperate.

What I can say now is.

Possibilities are Limitless, It is Only YOU Setting The Limit.
Possibilities are the key to Innovation.
Always concentrate on the Solution, and not think about the problem.


Cheers. I hope to read this blog one day and realise what I think now is true and can apply everywhere.

No comments: