Monday, April 04, 2005

An Object-Aware Memory Architecture

A paper published on February at Sun's site, by Greg Wright, Matthew L. Seidl and Mario Wolczko: An Object-aware memory architecture. Quoting from the abstract:

Despite its dominance, object-oriented computation has received scant attention from the architecture community. We propose a novel memory architecture that supports objects and garbage collection (GC). Our architecture is co-designed with a Java Virtual Machine to improve the functionality and efficiency of heap memory management. The architecture is based on an address space for objects accessed using object IDs mapped by a translator to physical addresses. To support this, the system includes object-addressed caches, a hardware GC barrier to allow in-cache GC of objects, and an exposed cache structure cooperatively managed by the JVM. These extend a conventional architecture, without compromising compatibility or performance for legacy binaries.

3 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
You must peep out my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
I want you to look for my pharmacy staffing
blog.